IMPACT 360 is a nine-month living / learning experience for 18- to 20-year-old high-school graduates or those early in their college careers. The program features classes that focus on biblical worldview, life and spiritual formation, vocational understanding, as well as a one-month international experience.
Students from diverse experiential and ethnic backgrounds live and learn together in class, and through service projects, to foster genuine Christian community.
IMPACT 360 puts together multiple elements found in other gap-year programs including worldview studies, experiential learning, international travel, and leadership training.
- Worldview Studies: Students receive on-site worldview training from well-known guest professors including, Dr. Norman Geisler, Dr. Del Tackett, Dr. J.P. Moreland, and other notable instructors. Upon completion of the program, students earn 15 hours of transferable college credit from Union University.
- Experiential Learning: In addition to inside-the-classroom learning, students participate in activities outside of the classroom to reinforce the subject being discussed. An example of this would be spending the night at a homeless shelter during the week of “Christianity and Poverty”, or participating in an authentic biblical meal during the week of “Old Testament”.
- International Travel: Students participate in a month-long international trip during their time at IMPACT 360. In past years, students have spent the month in Central and Eastern Europe or Brazil.
- Leadership Training: Students receive SERVE leadership training from executives at corporate headquarters of Chick-fil-A, Inc., an opportunity usually reserved for rising leaders in the Chick-fil-A corporation.
IMPACT 360 is not just for students looking for a gap year. We are seeking students that already have a growing relationship with Christ and are influencers. Students who apply to IMPACT 360 are evaluated on community, church and school involvement, leadership experience, test scores, GPA, interview, and their desire to participate in the program.
Students interested in applying for IMPACT 360 must meet the following specifics:
• 18-20 years of age when entering the program
• Must have completed high school before entering the program
• GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Minimum ACT of 22 or SAT (critical reading and math) of 1030
• Growing relationship with Christ
• Leadership experience
• Solid character
Students who complete an application online will be considered for interviews taking place on campus throughout the year. Once interviewed, a student will be notified of an acceptance decision within ten business days. If a student is accepted, IMPACT 360 staff will determine a scholarship amount based on merit and need. The online application can be accessed here.
We have had success in deferring acceptance and even scholarship in some cases for those students who have already finalized plans for fall. In fact, some schools give an additional scholarship for students who have participated in IMPACT 360, including Union University, Columbia International University, Southeastern College at Wake Forest, Mississippi College, and others.
We realize finances are a concern, but with financial aid opportunities, price should never prevent you or your student from applying for IMPACT 360.
The total cost of IMPACT 360 is $15,900. The balance of the year’s program fee includes tuition, general program costs, dorm, 15 meals per week, weekend retreats, and laundry fees.
We award scholarships based on need. To apply, students must submit a FAFSA summary. Although we do not qualify for federal-based assistance, IMPACT 360 uses the FAFSA as a measuring tool for need in each situation.
IMPACT 360 alumni are living the mission in exciting ways. Check around the website to see what some of our alumni are doing. Most alumni go straight from IMPACT 360 to college. Some of the colleges our alumni have attended include:
The College at Southeastern Seminary
College of the Ozarks
Columbia International University
Florida State University
Full Sail College
Georgia Institute of Technology
Kennesaw State University
The King’s College
Mississippi State University
Moody Bible Institute
San Diego State University
University of Georgia
University of North Texas
“I am impressed with the caliber of godly leadership which is in place for IMPACT 360. I am also excited about the difference this gap-year opportunity could make in shaping the futures of participating students, helping them to delve deeply into the foundation of Christianity, bolstering their faith and equipping them...”